Established in Iowa City in 1993, MRS Appraisals is a locally-owned appraisal business. Our full-time state-certified appraisers offer real estate analysis and reporting on residential and commercial properties, including condominiums, agricultural estates, development grounds, federal housing, and more.
- Residential Appraisals
- Commercial Appraisals
- Development Ground
Real Estate Appraisers in Iowa Can Help Settle Disputes in Your Favor
Trying to sell property is often a very challenging process for many owners. There are so many different issues that could occur that it’s very easy to run into a myriad of different conflicts that may make this situation even harder to handle.
Thankfully, real estate appraisers in Iowa can help you get through these conflicts and provide you with the necessary assistance to keep your sales in great shape and avoid the kind of disputes that may cause real problems with your deals. Here are a few of the most common types of disputes that they can help you manage.
Sellers have to disclose certain types of information to their buyers. Some sellers, however, may not fully understand all of the elements that must go into this type of deal and could easily make mistakes that cause them to fail to disclose everything required.
Or some sellers may purposefully withhold information that causes a dispute due to a lack of disclosure. In this situation, problems could develop that create additional obstacles to closing a deal. Common disclosure disputes include:
- Lack of Details on Faults – Home sellers who do not detail all of the faults with a home may end up getting into a disclosure dispute. Real estate appraisers in Iowa can help with these concerns by ensuring that they are sorted out long before the home is ever even put up on the market.
- Misleading Statements – If the seller uses misleading terms or even lies about certain elements of a home – such as past damage caused by disasters or common problems with home interior issues – there’s a good chance that they are going to get into a lawsuit for a failure to disclose information.
- Falsely Positive Statements – Many sellers may try to artificially inflate the price of a home by making potentially false statements about the positive nature of a home. If they either willingly or accidentally mislead a buyer, they are guilty of a failure of disclosure and may end up in a lawsuit scenario.
- Loan Lies – When a seller tries to lie about loans or the available money for a purchase, they may end up in a disclosure dispute. This problem is common even if the seller didn’t mean to make an error or if they end up unable to understand the different elements that make up their lending scenario.
It is important to remember that disclosure disputes don’t have to be purposeful to be a legal problem. Ignorance of the law is not a defense – and if you accidentally fail to disclose information, you’re going to end up suffering from a lawsuit.
As a result, it is important to talk to real estate appraisers in Iowa who fully understand these problems and who can help you manage them properly. By working hand-in-hand, it is possible to limit the potential conflicts that you might experience in this situation.
Other Common Disputes
Though disclosure problems are the most common reason that you’ll probably need real estate appraisers in Iowa, there are a handful of other problems that may occur that may require these professionals. Fully understanding these issues will make it easier for you to know when to hire one of these experts and will ensure that you don’t run into any unexpected complications as well:
- Poor Repairs – If you don’t make good enough repairs on a home, you may end up dealing with a real dispute that may take an appraiser to manage. Typically, it is good to get an appraiser to check out your repairs and upgrades to ensure that they meet the best needs of the buyer and the seller.
- Contract Confusion – If your contract is too vague or doesn’t make sense to both parties, a dispute may occur. Thankfully, appraisers can help by reading through the language of the contract and figuring out if there is any confusing language or tracking disparities between it and your property’s reality.
- Borderline Issues – You must take into account the full borders of your property and make sure that they are as accurate as possible. If you don’t, there’s a good chance that you’ll need an appraiser to check into your lines and ensure that you have the best and most accurate read on them possible.
- Buyer Misbehavior – Another common problem you may run into is the buyer not taking the proper steps to settle a loan or attempting to haggle the price more than necessary. A good appraiser can help with this issue by ensuring that it doesn’t develop unexpectedly and without just cause.
These situations are frustrating without the help of a professional because they can so often go poorly if you don’t take the time to properly handle them. Thankfully, a growing number of real estate dealers are learning how important it is to get an appraiser and the different ways that they can use them to settle disputes and keep their sales as professional and effective as possible for their unique needs.
What We Can Do to Help
If you’re looking for real estate appraisers in Iowa who have your best needs in mind, it is important to reach out to us now to learn more about how we can help. At MRS Appraisals, we have years of experience working with disputes like these and can provide you with the help that you need to ensure that everything goes smoothly for you.
Our professionals are skilled in every element of appraisal and can provide you with the help needed to ensure that things go smoothly and efficiently for your needs.
When buying our home, we were a little apprehensive about finding an appraiser that we could trust. Man, did we hit the jackpot with MRS Appraisals! They were thorough and easy to work with. Now, we have a home we are proud to call our own. We would definitely recommend MRS!
Best appraisal company to work with, very knowledgeable
The experts at MRS Appraisals are what made the decision to purchase a new building for my business easy. Their experience and professionalism set my mind at ease, knowing that their appraisal would be honest, non-biased, and detailed. Thank you!